Friday, August 29, 2014

Book Haul: August 2014



August Book Haul yay!

Yup, the above are all the books I got in the month of August. I believe I went a bit crazy this month and got a total of 24 books!  Let's get into some details of why I bought them and have a look at their beautiful covers. :)


The contemporaries

I heard so many good things on booktube and bookstagram, but recently I also discovered that some people didn't like it, so I decided to give it a try and see if I like it or not. Plus the cover is gorgeous, and the spine is to die for!

So I was waiting for my copy of We Were Liars, and I was kinda sad because it had been delayed for quite some days, so I went book-shopping! I was exploring the bookstore and this simple cover caught my eye. I haven't heard much about it, but I was intrigued after reading the synopsis!

After reading To All The Boys I've Loved Before, I'm dying for more Jenny Han books! And this book is just perfect for summer, but so sad I don't have the time to finish it in summer.

If you read my review of this book, you would know I bought a paperback so I can bring it everywhere with me. Yup, that's how much I love this book!

The Books with a lot of hypes 



Booktube and Bookstagram made me bought it.

Sasha Alsberg aka abookutopia made me bought it :)




                           The paranormal, dystopian, and mystery I guess?


The hype of this series! I'm currently reading Onyx, and I'm definitely enjoying it. I guess it's because Katy is a bookworm.

Nope, I haven't read Delirium yet. But I got this because I'm pretty sure I'll like the trilogy and IT WAS ON A SALE!

Another kidnapping story. I got this with a good reason, which you'll know soon :)

The Rainbow Rowell books




I got these two when Bookdepository gave me a 5% off coupon. I've been so intrigued by the Attachments so I really need to get it. For Landline, it's #BBBgirlies pick for September.


 The Divergent ultimate box set


I used to own the paperbacks, but I figured I wanted the hardbacks so I gave them all to my friend and bought these beauties :)


 The pretty random books


The cliffhanger of the first book is really... ugh. So I need the second book and it was on sale :)

I guess we all had been waiting for this book for a long time. And the ending really got me into happy tears! Great series!

The reasons I got these were simple enough: 1. There is the hype. 2. They were on sale.

The oh-god-it's-back-to-school books



I studied this last year and I lost my old copy, so I need to get a new one. And it's sad, because I wrote all those important notes on the old one.

I got these because I need to write an essay on the topic of women rivalry with reference to these two books, and both of them are about homosexual, what a coincidence.

The classics



I bought it because it is a famous classic which I still hadn't read and it was pretty cheap. I finished it very quickly and found it very enjoyable and inspiring.

I was watching anime one day and this book was mentioned. I was so intrigued because I love vampire literature. And you can't find many books about a lesbian vampire.

I watched the movie and found it very entertaining! Plus what books could you buy if you don't buy a beautiful copy of the Jane Austen books?

Ditto.

Summer is a pretty crazy season for book buying with all the sales and book fairs going on. I've decided to do the read-3-buy-1 ban. Hopefully I'll buy less in the following months.

What books have you got in August?  Comment down below!

Stay Bookish, The Bookish Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting :)